Land Pooling Policy- One of the Best Steps Towards Success -
Delhi is all set to rank third in the list of the most populated cities of the world with a predictable population of around 1.94 crores by the year 2018. By reaching this population count in 2018, Delhi would rank third only after Tokyo being on the second position. Nevertheless, it is important to note that resource availability in Delhi is enough for meeting the requirements of a population of approximately 1.5 crore individuals. However, it is also worth noting that there have been absolutely no improvements made in the field of resource availability and facilities in Delhi in the recent times and worse being that the population of the metropolitan in on the rise. Therefore, it is essential to create solutions that have the potential of doing away with land problems in Delhi while helping with problems in regards to the other important facilities required by the residents of the national capital. Acquiring land directly might be an impossible endeavor mainly because of the fact that land prices are increasing every day. It is only because of this reason that people and property developers are facing huge problems.
Post sleeping stress-free for a very long time, the government of Delhi has now woke up and has introduced the most beneficial and the biggest reform policy alongwith Master Plan Delhi 2021 aimed towards taking care of the land problems faced by Delhi citizens. Delhi’s Land Pooling Policy has evolved in the form of one last hope for individuals living in a negative atmosphere all these days. High floor area ratio and single window mechanisms are some major highlights of the policy.
It is only because of the efforts out in by the Delhi Development Authority and the Delhi government that the land pooling policy has become a reality in the national capital. The main objective served by this policy is obtaining approximately 40, 000 acres of land in the rural regions of Najafgarh, Bawana and Narela. The change brought about through land acquisition on such a large scale shall improvise the life of the people of the national capital.
Highlights of the Land Pooling Policy are:
- According to order, the DDA shall have no interference on the policy implementation. It will simply work as a facilitator during the development of the layout plan; in coming up with participation deadline and in setting up the allotment process. DDA shall have the authority to create a completely separate wing that would take care of the approvals and the certifications.
- Floor Area Ratio or FAT of around 400 would be applied to the Group Housing or residential land. These estimates are excluding the 15% FAT already reserved for the Economically Weaker Section housing or the EWS. Total land for housing development should come to a maximum of around 55% of the gross residential land.
- FAT for the public and the semi-public developments in the urban regions should be 250.
- Individual landowners and group landowners shall get the scope of either surrendering or assembling land in a certain time-frame for activities like servicing and unified planning.
- It would be the responsibility of the Delhi Development Authority to develop physical infrastructure like traffic, transportation, water supply, power distribution and various other facilities.
- The land owners shall retain some part of pooled land to be used for any purpose.
- Developer Entity or DE along with DDA shall be responsible for the smooth and convenient functioning of the procedure of land pooling and even other facilities.
Land Pooling Policy and it major benefits are as follows:
- LPP will completely eliminate the problem of land acquisition which will come as a great relief for the farmers.
- The unauthentic housing societies would no longer exist and thus Delhi would be pollution-free to a considerable extent.
- The land owners and the farmers will reap the best advantages of LPP. This will be in the form of these entities getting a certain part of their land back in a new location. Further, these entities would have full rights to set the prices for acquired land.
The common people can very well understand the various benefits that they can reap from Delhi’s Land Pooling Policy. LPP can be considered a major step towards reaching individuals directly and changing their lives in the best way possible.